'And so castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually
'



Mittwoch, 10. März 2010

Little Girl and the Lingerie Store

Most of the people who have a partiality for the 40s/50s/60s say that their interest started with the old movies they watched in their childhood. In my case it's different. I think I've never seen a good old film when I was a kid or at least I don't remember any more. So I searched for another clue and asked myself if there had been a chance to find out even earlier what I really like.

Somehow I remembered a day with my father, when we went to a lingerie store. He wanted to buy something for my mother. I think it was Christmas or Valentine's Day... It's a long time ago, I was about 7 or maybe 8. The salesgirl showed my father different kinds of underware. He stood there, thinking, talked a little to the woman on the other side of the counter and looked at the things she had brought. Eventually he asked me what I would choose. I decided the most elaborate bra I could find in the range in front of me and my dad heeded my advice.

When I think about this little story today it shows something to me: Although I was no pretty little girl, not even a cute one and although I didn't use to be the princess I always had a weakness for everything that shows femininity. I think that's the matter why I love red lipstick, eyeliner, beautiful dresses etc. And although you think this has nothing to do with my love for the fifties I have to contradict you. If I wouldn't like women who show what they are and enjoy this I would have never noticed Marilyn and without Marilyn I would have never noticed the 50s.
So everything has its reason in the end...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen